Examination of digital evidence and the person charged's history plus analyses are central to the investigation at this stage.

Two weeks after the tragic and dramatic incident in Kongsberg the investigation is still ongoing on a large scale and the information gathered will now be analysed. Digital evidence left by the person charged ahead of the incident is of particular interest seen up against his statements in police interviews.

The police have established the chain of events and have obtained more knowledge of the person charged's history.

– The person charged walks from his home towards Coop Extra, where he fires several arrows before entering the store, says Assistant Chief of Police Per Thomas Omholt. – He fires several arrows inside the Coop store and flees immediately after firing arrows at the police.

He fires more arrows in Myntgata and Peckelsgata. – At some point he puts down or loses the bow and arrows, says Omholt. – He then stabs five random persons in Hyttegata to death, most of them in their own homes, he says. The person charged was arrested by the police at 18:47 in the back yard of Hyttegata 18.

The police's strongest hypothesis is that the weapons used by the person charged were purchased online a while before the incident. For investigative reasons, the police do not want to say more about the weapons other than that they are stabbing weapons. The person charged fired dozens of arrows, but the police do not wish to publish the exact number.

The investigation so far has uncovered a total of 24 victims, five killed, three injured and 16 victims of attempted homicide, attempted assault occasioning bodily harm and threats. Omholt says that the official number of victims will probably change. – The further investigation will uncover what criminal offences they have been victim of, says the assistant chief of police. One part of the investigation will be to test fire the bow to determine its range and damage potential.

In all, the police have held 260 talks with witnesses and victims and conducted more than 130 formal interviews. Omholt says that the reason why the police are reluctant to release certain details of the investigation is that they do not want these interviews to be influenced by what is reported in the media.

– The person charged's history, particularly his contact with the health service, is one of the areas the police are focusing on at the moment, says Omholt. – It is important for the police to obtain information about his mental health, what preparations he may have carried out and his political and other views. The police have got a clear picture of the person charged's actions and movements ahead of the incident, and the hypothesis that he has had some thoughts about his intentions, has not been weakened, he says. Omholt adds that the hypothesis that the person charged has converted to Islam is still being investigated, but that it has been weakened further.

Both blood and urine samples have been taken of the person charged. These will reveal whether the person charged had any alcohol, narcotic or pharmaceutical drugs or other substances in his blood, but it is important that the results of the blood tests do not influence witness statements. The police therefore do not wish provide details about the results of these tests.

Omholt says that the police have conducted five interviews with the person charged and two forensic psychiatric examinations. The police cannot comment on what the person charged has said during these interviews, but he has made detailed statements and is cooperating with the police. His next interview is scheduled for Thursday this week.

The investigation will now enter a new phase where there will be no regular press conferences or press releases. This press release is therefore the last release in the matter to be translated into English.