The quickest way to get a police certificate of conduct is to apply online. If you are unable to apply online, you can send your application by regular mail. The police certificate of conduct will be sent to your digital mailbox.
1. Before applying
You need to obtain the form confirmation of purpose. We recommend getting a digital mailbox if you do not already have one.
Make sure that the form confirmation of purpose is filled in by the party that required you to present a police certificate of conduct. The form must be enclosed with the application.
Application for Criminal Record
- Are you a student?
Make sure that the form Bekreftelse på formål from your school or enrolment office ("Samordna opptak") has your name on it.
- Upper secondary ("Videregående skole") school student?
Fill in the application form for upper secondary school students Søknadsskjema elever videregående skole. The form must be signed by you, your parents and your school.
If you are assigned to more than one work practice provider over the course of the school year, wait to apply for a police certificate of conduct until you know which provider you will be assigned to. The police certificate of conduct is valid for three months.
- Have you applied for admission to the Norwegian Police University College?
Wait to apply for a police certificate of conduct until you have received an invitation to the entrance test, as the police certificate of conduct is only valid for three months.
- Do you need an enterprise transport licence (transportløyve for foretak )?
If you own an enterprise and are applying for a police certificate of conduct for that enterprise, you will need to apply on paper. If you apply as a private individual, we recommend applying online.
2. The application must include
- Proof of identity: A copy of a valid passport, driver's license or bank card with your photo and signature
- The form Bekreftelse på lovlig formål signed by your employer or school
- Remember to sign the application.If you are under the age of 18, your parents must also sign the application.
- For enterprises: Certificate of Registration ("Firmaattest") or a print-out from the Central Coordinating Register for Legal Entities ("Enhetsregisteret")
3. Send the application to:
Politiets enhet for vandelskontroll og politiattester P.O. Box 113 9951 Vardø
4. Application processing time
The processing currently takes two weeks. The police certificate of conduct will be sent to your digital mailbox.
It may take a little longer if you chose to receive the certificate by regular mail.
5. Check the status of your application
You can check the expected processing date and status (log in and choose from the menu) for your application at any time.
Log in using MinID, BankID, Buypass or Commfides. The status of your application will be one of the following:
- Sent digitally
- Sent by regular mail
6. How to receive a digital police certificate of conduct
The police certificate of conduct will be sent to your digital mailbox, if you have one. If you do not have a digital mailbox, you can get one at norge.no – select "digital mailbox". Remember to keep your contact information up to date in the national contact register.
Deciding not to receive online communication
If you have decided not to receive online communication from the authorities, the certificate will be sent to you by regular mail. This may take a few extra days. You can change your mind if you want to receive a digital certificate.
The deadline for appeal is three weeks from receipt of the certificate or rejection of your application.
You can appeal in writing if you disagree with what the certificate has included or if your application for a certificate has been rejected. Send the appeal to:
Politiets enhet for vandelskontroll og politiattester P.O. box 113 9951 Vardø