- Many people are posting information in social media about the incident in Kongsberg, Norway. We kindly ask everyone to think twice before posting or spreading information. Please be considerate of the victims’ families and do not spread videos or images of injured or deceased victims or people in distress.
- If you have any information or tip regarding the incident, please call:
476 96 400. Our online patrol is also at your service.
About the incident
- On 13 October the police received several emergency calls from people in the centre of Kongsberg about a person reportedly armed with a bow and arrow.
- The police now confirm that five people have been killed and three are injured.
- The incident is being thoroughly investigated.
Police Update of 27 October.
Police Update of 21 October
Police Update of 18 October.
Police Update of 16 October.
The deceased from the serious incident in Kongsberg are now formally identified, and their next of kin informed.
Police Update of 15 October.
The police ask that the person charged following the serious incidents in Kongsberg be remanded in custody for four weeks, two of which in full isolation, and a ban on letters and visits and a media ban throughout the custody period.
The application for a remand in custody will be considered by Buskerud District Court in Kongsberg on Friday at 09:00, most likely in office proceedings.
The police can now confirm that five people were killed and two injured in Kongsberg earlier today.
A comprehensive investigation is under way following the serious incident in Kongsberg Wednesday evening, during which five people were killed and two people injured.
Det er en 37 år gammel mann som er pågrepet og siktet etter at fem personer ble drept og to skadet i Kongsberg sentrum onsdag kveld.
The South East Police District can confirm that there has been a serious incident in the Kongsberg city center this evening.