- Many people are posting information in social media about the incident in Kongsberg, Norway. We kindly ask everyone to think twice before posting or spreading information. Please be considerate of the victims’ families and do not spread videos or images of injured or deceased victims or people in distress.
- If you have any information or tip regarding the incident, please call:
476 96 400. Our online patrol is also at your service.
About the incident
- On 13 October the police received several emergency calls from people in the centre of Kongsberg about a person reportedly armed with a bow and arrow.
- The police now confirm that five people have been killed and three are injured.
- The incident is being thoroughly investigated.
The application for a remand in custody will be considered by Buskerud District Court in Kongsberg on Friday at 09:00, most likely in office proceedings.
The South East Police District can confirm that there has been a serious incident in the Kongsberg city center this evening.