Foreign citizens who have or have had a residence permit in Norway may apply for a criminal record certificate in the usual manner.

Want to appeal?

You must submit your appeal no more than three weeks after you have received your criminal record certificate. You must appeal in writing.

You may appeal if you disagree with the contents of the certificate. You may also appeal if the police decide not to issue you with a criminal record certificate. You can send your appeal to:

Politiets enhet for vandelskontroll og politiattester
PO Box 113
9951 Vardø

If we agree with your appeal, we will send you a new criminal record certificate. If we do not agree, we will forward your appeal to the National Police Directorate for further consideration.