Find your application type
Click your application type in the list below, and check how long you will normally have to wait for a reply to your application. The listed waiting times apply from the date when you submitted all necessary documents to the police.
EU/EEA nationals and their families
- Residence card for an EU/EEA nationals family member
Citizens of countries outside the EU/EEA and their families
- Asylum status renewal
- Norwegian citizenship
- Residence permit for citizens of countries outside EU/EEA
- Residence permit for familymembers of citizens og countries outside the EU/EEA or of Norwegian citizens
- Permanent residence permit
- Immigrant's passport and refugee travel document
- Waiting time for an interview in family immigration cases
- Waiting time for an appointment with the police for citizens of countries outside the EU/EEA.
To apply for a residence permit in Norway, you must register your application in the Directorate of Immigration's application portal, where you can also book an appointment with your local police.
Bring a valid passport or ID card and all necessary documents to your appointment with the police.