What are you applying for?
Choose from the list below. Check how long it normally takes for a decision to be made. The waiting time starts when you have handed all the necessary documents to the police.
EU/EEA citizens and their families
- Residence card for an EU/EEA citizen's family member
Citizens of countries outside the EU/EEA and their families
- Renewal of residence permit for protection
- Norwegian citizenship
- Residence for a non-EU/EEA citizen
- Residence permit for a non-EU/EEA citizen's family member or family of Norwegian citizens
- Permanent residence permit
- Immigrant passport and refugee travel document
- Waiting time for an interview in family immigration cases
- Waiting time for an interview in visa application cases
- Waiting time for an appointment with the police – family immigration with citizen outside the EU/EEA
Use the UDI's online application portal, to apply for a residence permit in Norway, and to book an appointment with your local police.
Bring a valid passport or ID card and the necessary documents to your meeting with the police.