You may also be entitled to assistance from a lawyer if the police decide to prosecute your attacker(s). The lawyer will be paid for by Norwegian authorities.

The authorities only cover legal assistance concerning the prosecution of your attacker(s), not your application for Norwegian residency.

Many women are told that they will be sent out from Norway if they choose to leave a violent relationship. They are also told that the Child Welfare Services will take their children. This is not true.

The police can give you advice and guidance on how you can leave a violent relationship. The police may also be able to give you protection you after you have left the violent relationship.

Find your local police station

Enter your postal code to view contact details and opening hours of your local police service:

Your position
  1. Your position
1 Results are available. Use keyboard or swipe to navigate.